Happy new year, everyone! Last year was another year of growth and change for me. I thought I'd continue the tradition of my annual quiz (here's 2013's and 2012's and 2014's).
1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
Began exercising every day. I'm itching to get back to walking; I've had to take some time off from it due to a stress fracture in my shin - super frustrating.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
didn't have any specific goals in mind; I tend to
choose a phrase or word for the year. My phrase for 2014 was "Slow" and it was helpful. My 2015 word hasn't presented itself yet.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I can think of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just spent some time getting to know New Zealand a little better.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More money; our own home.
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't think of any specific date.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Exercising every day and losing weight. Getting some long-overdue counseling.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Our property photography business. It failed to take off and we had to shut it down.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ongoing illness that I'm learning to manage, and a stress fracture in my tibia.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our puppy, Daisy.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Same as last year: Noah has grown and matured so much this year. Daniel has continued to shine :) And I want to thank my wonderful husband for working so hard for us.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can't think of anyone specific.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Health treatments, dog.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Getting a puppy, summer, the Outlander series on TV, the latest Outlander book, that time I went thrifting with my BFF and everything I liked was in my size, ha ha!
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2014?
The Skye Boat Song / Outlander theme music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Skyped with family and friends (same as last year).
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas 2014 was relaxing and low-key. I hope the same for next Christmas.
21. Where did you begin the year; and where did you end it?
Began it in the second house we've lived in here in New Zealand; ended
it in the same house.
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
Yes, with our pup.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Outlander, Modern Family
24. What was the best book you read?
The latest book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, Written in My Own Heart's Blood.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Contemporary Christian channel on Pandora.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
As much weight loss as I had hoped for.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't think I saw any! Oh, wait, I did watch The Hundred Foot Journey, which I enjoyed.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 39 and had a really low-key birthday, which was what I wanted. I was spoilt by my bestie, but I'll share that in another post.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to worry about money!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
I wear a lot more skirts and dresses than I used to.
32. What kept you sane?
My blog. Time alone. My precious husband. Friends. Prayer. Bio-identical hormones. Learning new techniques. Counseling.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Sam Heughan, obv (he plays Jamie in Outlander).
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ummm ... pass.
35. Who did you miss?
Too many to mention, and it makes me sad to think about.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My counselor, Elena.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
I've learned and grown so much again this year, but in ways that are
hard to put into words. And some lessons are too personal for my blog. But there has been a LOT of learning and growing. A LOT.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'm wide awake, so what's the point of dreaming when your life is great? Celebrate the feeling, celebrate the feeling.
Can't complain about much these days, I believe we'll be okay." - Oh Honey, Be Okay