Happy new year, everyone! Last year was a year of finally finding our place in this world to settle. I thought I'd continue the tradition of my annual quiz (here's 2013's and 2012's and 2014's and 2015's).
1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
Became super strict with my diet, eliminating a lot of foods. Daily vlogging.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't have any specific goals in mind; I tend to choose a phrase or word for the year. I particular phrase didn't present itself for ages, but the theme of practising authenticity started peeking through.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My new friend Jess.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just spent some time getting to know New Zealand a little better.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More money; our own business maybe.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
25 May, when we moved into our own home.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a house; renovating the sleepout; starting a garden.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing weight. No matter what I do it doesn't budge a gram.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ongoing illness that I'm learning to manage, and a really really bad bout of flu.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Same as last year: our boys and my wonderful husband for working so hard for us.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I won't name names here ;)
14. Where did most of your money go?
House renovations for sure.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Buying a house, every renovation, gardening.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2015?
The theme tune in the intro to our vlogs.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? The same.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Missed people I love.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas 2015 was relaxing and low-key and actually the best one I can remember. I hope the same for next Christmas.
21. Where did you begin the year; and where did you end it?
Began it in a rental house in Pukekohe; ended it in our own home in Taranaki.
22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Yes, with our house.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Wayward Pines, Heroes
24. What was the best book you read?
I enjoyed Tess Gerritsen's Gravity. Also the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Melody Loops royalty free music site.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
Any weight loss.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see any! Actually I did watch Catching Fire 1 of the Hunger Games trilogy.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40 and got emotional. It was a big trigger for missing loved ones.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing weight, and more money. Also my bestie Carley moving down to Taranaki :)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Super casual. I spent a lot of time in my painting clothes.
32. What kept you sane?
Practising all of the self-care lessons I've learned; connecting with my viewers on YouTube.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None in particular.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ummm ... pass.
35. Who did you miss?
Too many to mention, and it makes me sad to think about.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My new friend Jess.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
I've learned and grown so much again this year, but in ways that are hard to put into words. And some lessons are too personal for my blog. But there has been a LOT of learning and growing.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Feels like home to me." - Chantal Kreviazuk