In between trips out there was also a bunch of this:
They also headed out on their own day trips twice - to Sky Tower and Rotorua - while I caught up on things at home. It was the perfect visit with (thankfully) amazing weather and we made some wonderful memories.
Some memories I want to remember:
- Watching An Idiot Abroad and eating lots of chocolate every evening
- "What's it called again? ............. Eton Mess!"
- The amazing day at Karioitahi
- The perfection that was our Kaiaua trip
- Karen's peas!
- How well the kids played together
- Karen screaming as she jumped out of the frame at Hunua Falls and then realised she had to land
- Mark's neon sunburn on his head
- Karen thinking she could wait a while before putting on sunscreen; being convinced by me to put it on right away ... and burning like mad anyway
- The delicious dessert platter Karen and I shared, mmmmmmm!