Happy new year, everyone! Last year was a bit of a doozy - what a year of growth and change for me. I thought I'd continue the tradition of my annual quiz (here's 2013's and 2012's).
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Does developing an auto-immune disease count?
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't have any specific goals in mind, other than completing a quilt (I completed three, although not the one I had in mind!) I do tend to choose a phrase or word for the year. My phrase for 2013 was "Let go" and boy did I have to. I did a lot of letting go this year (in a good way).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I can think of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no. (Unless you count Kiki, one of our chickens.)
5. What countries did you visit?
Just spent some time getting to know New Zealand a little better.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't think of any specific date.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making some changes to the way I live my life. Overcoming some severely bad health.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Can't think of any, as I'm much more forgiving of myself now. Maybe not managing my moods better.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Noah has grown and matured so much this year. Daniel has continued to shine :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I can't mention who it was, but let's just say there is someone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Health treatments for sure.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Our baby chicks hatching, my heirloom tomatoes, camping, food (just being honest - yummy food makes me really excited!), finishing my quilts, giving Noah his Christmas present.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2013?
Brave by Sara Bareilles.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter thanks to my thyroid packing up.
c) richer or poorer? Richer I think, or the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Skyped with family and friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eaten things that are not in my best health interest.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas 2013 was relaxing and low-key. I hope the same for next Christmas.
21. Where did you begin the year; and where did you end it?
Began it in the second house we've lived in here in New Zealand; ended
it in the same house and hope to continue here for a while.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Yes, with our chickens :) I am known around here as the crazy chicken lady :)
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. What was the best book you read?
Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, which I finished in 2013 (except for the one currently being written, obviously).
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can't think of any.
26. What did you want and get?
Help with my health.
27. What did you want and not get?
Better health sooner.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Catching Fire or Les Miserables (I think I saw it in 2013?)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 38 and had a really low-key birthday that was basically a
non-event - but it was what I wanted. We had other things to cope with
and I just couldn't deal with a birthday fuss!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to worry about money!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
"Personal fashion concept" - that makes me laugh :) I just wear what I
like that looks neat and pulled-together but is comfortable. I am wearing more skirts and dresses now. The first half of the year I wore T-shirts and yoga pants and didn't go out at all.
32. What kept you sane?
My blog. Time alone. My precious husband. Friends. Prayer. Bio-identical hormones.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can't think of any.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ummm ... pass.
35. Who did you miss?
Too many to mention, but the list includes my mom and Dianne and Rachel
and Rebecca and Laura and Sue and Liz and Jo and my kinesiologist
Same as last year and the year before.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't think of any.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
I've learned and grown so much again this year, but in ways that are
hard to put into words. And some lessons are too personal for my blog. But there has been a LOT of learning and growing.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I can't think of any in particular.